Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Insurgent synthesis page

                                                                         Synthesis Page

I think the perspective of the Erudite are greatly missing in the Divergent series. If the Erudite point 

of view was put in I think it would make the book even more interesting because it would have more 

dimensions to it rather than just having the Erudite be bad and the dauntless and Abnegation good. 

I think what it would be like if it had the Erudite point of view is a clearer reason on why they act the 

way they do and their view on the Abnegation and other factions. One part of the book where you

can inference what it would be like from an erudite point of view is  when Tris's brother says " I did

what I had to do. You think you understand this, Beatrice, but you don't This whole situation . . . it's

much bigger than you think it is." His eyes plead with me to understand, but u recognize his tone- it's

the one he when were younger, to scold me. it is condescending.

I think in the book, Divergence means to stand out and think outside the box as well as to be diverse. 

I think Divergence means diversity because in the book being divergent means thinking like multiple 

factions. Evidence of this is "Abnegation, Dauntless," I say, " and Erudite". "Three factions?" His eye

brows lift.  This supports the fact that that is the case because although it is not 100% clear what

they're saying the context is the main character ( Tris ) is telling her brother what different types of

thinking she got on her aptitude test. Divergence reminds me of diversity so much because not only

does mean thinking like multiple factions it is the idea of celebrating being different and bring all the

factions together which makes diversity.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment